Study And Training Support Loans Overseas Repayments

From 1 January 2016, if you have moved overseas and have a Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP) or Trade Support Loan (TSL) debt, you will have the same repayment obligations as those who live in Australia. This applies if you already live or intend to move overseas for a total of more than six months in any 12-month period.

From 1 January 2016, you will need to update your contact details through ATO online services within seven days of leaving Australia.

If you are living overseas and earning an income that exceeds the minimum repayment threshold, you will be required to make compulsory repayments towards your debt from 1 July 2017.

Q12016Cristy Houghton